The Lawn Advantage
At my favorite farmer’s market this morning, I picked up a little pamphlet, “How Green are Your Spaces?” by Project Evergreen.
Here are some of their great tips:
1) Just 3 shade trees can save you between $100 and $250/ year in energy consumption!
2) When you water your lawn early in the day, between 5 am and 10 am, that water is much better absorbed rather than evaporated.
3) One tree can remove up to 26 pounds of carbon dioxide in a year, the equivalent of about 11,000 miles of car emissions. What can they do for the quality of your air?
4) A tranquil and kid-friendly* yard helps both adults and children to be calmer, happier, more grounded and centered-especially when time is spent outdoors. Depriving children of significant outdoor time is not good for anyone’s health!
5) Grass and green landscaping reduces dust, dirt and air pollutants, cools your property, and maturely landscaping adds up to 20% to the value of your property.
*a kid friendly yard is one where natural products have been used to grow, fertilize and provide pest control. Google natural lawn care; you might be surprised! And don’t forget using either electric, or better yet reel mowers.
We can do so much, so easily to rebalance our world with greater health, beauty, love and peace. Our opportunites are endless!!
In the service of Life!